The benefits to patients include:
- Greater accessibility and avoidance of cancellation
- Reduced disruption to patients’ daily routines with lower levels of work absence
- Good post-operative pain control
- Short waiting time before surgery
- Reduced length of stay and avoidance of patients feeling rushed
- Patients feeling that they have received individual attention when kept separate from seriously ill patients on inpatients wards
- Follow-up phone call the following day
- Increased through-put of patients
- Release of in-patient facilities for more complex and emergency admissions
- Fixed scheduling reducing cancellations and more efficient theatre use
- Better use of high cost operating theatres use
- Fewer risks of hospital related infections
- Complications arising from day surgery are minimised
Ramsay has a clear commitment to deliver safe, quality treatment to our patients and to ensure that everyone who visits our hospital had an excellent experience. Our current day-case facilities score highly against national outcome measures.
Reflecting our highest priority of patient safety, all of Ramsay’s hospitals work within the Department of Health guidelines by screening all patients for MRSA. Cleanliness is vital to minimising infection. Our hospital staff are fully trained in the latest procedures and thus maintain all areas to the highest standard.
Contact Croydon Day Hospital to book an appointment.
0203 780 2504
Treatment may be covered by medical insurance and self pay packages are available on request.